|White Chocolates with a Raspberry and Vodka|
Milk Chocolate Ganache
So for me, raspberries are one of those miracle foods that contain powerful magic that makes everything better.
Chocolate, of course, is another such food. Putting them together works wonderfully as I've discovered in various guises...
> Raspberry Liqueur in hot chocolate - prepared with real chocolate of course
> Pavlova with raspberries and mint chocolate chunks - my Mum's recipe
One of the things I'm trying to achieve with my recipes is a dynamic taste experience. Sounds a bit grand doesn't it but after all the pomp and ceremony of the Diamond Jubilee, I think I can get away with it!
In the case of these chocolates a 'dynamic taste experience' translates into the following:
- Enjoying the look of the chocolate
- Hearing the 'crack' of the chocolate as you bite it in half
- Getting an immediate cool sensation on the tongue from the soft ganache along with that magic raspberry taste and the sharper initial vodka kick.
- Then the warmth of the vodka coming through in the juicy raspberry pieces.
- Then the melting, mellow vanilla in the white chocolate.
- Finishing with a balanced flavour of raspberry and vanilla and the lingering warmth of the vodka.
I think I'll have to go and eat one now - is 09.30am too early for vodka?
Most importantly, the Tipsy Raspberry Chocolates received a very good review from Aunty Margaret with clear instructions not to change anything in the recipe.
High praise indeed.
Mistakes this time?
Need to improve finishing the bottoms until there is no edge (this batch have a very slight edge if you look closely).
The transfer sheet didn't fully transfer but I suspect this is beyond my control as the chocolate was a good, warm temperature when it hit the mould.